GUIDELINES FOR ACCESS TO STUDENT AIMS PORTAL
The guideline only covers Account activation, enrollment, and Generation of Payment Ref No. Other components of Registration shall be availed latter.
Things you need
- An email address, Telephone number, Student Number
- An Internet Connection.
- Accessing the Student Portal/ Account Activation
- Type https://student.sun.ac.ug or simply student.sun.ac.ug in any browser i.e. (Chrome, Mozilla, Internet Explorer etc.).
- Enter Student Number in the field for Student Number. In the Password field, also enter your Student Number. Click Login
- Verification of Name, Email, and Phone
- Put your correct Names the way they appear on your admission letter, Click Ok
- Provide your correct phone contact. The system will send you a TOKEN on the contact provided. Enter the token and click verify token
- Enter Your Email The system will send a TOKEN to the email provided. Enter the token and click verify token
- This will take you to another text box that asks you to confirm that the details you have entered are yours: Program, Student Number, and Gender, If the details are correct, click Yes.
- This will take you to the page where you can set your New Password.
- Enter the New Password and
- confirm the New Password and press Ok.
- A pop shall appear saying password changed successfully. Click Ok
- This will take you to the Login page once again. Use your Student Number or Phone Number as Username and the Password you just set and click Login
- This will take you to the Home Page Portal, you will have successfully logged in. (wait as it may take some time loading student file) Enrollment:
In the Home Page Portal,
- Click Enroll Now. This will bring you to a page where define whether you are a new or continuing student, select your year of study and the semester.
- Under Enrollment status, Choose New Student (My First Semester)
- Current Year of Study, Choose Year 1 (Year of Study you are enrolling for)
- Current Semester, Choose Semester 1 (Semester you are enrolling for)
- Click Enroll. You will have successfully Enrolled
If you want to Pay fees in the bank, you need to generate a Payment Ref Number. In order to do that, follow the steps bellow:
- Click on Finance, then My Invoices. This will bring an invoice of how much you are to pay that semester
- Tick the invoice
- Click on Pay Invoice. Verify the generated invoice to see whether it’s what you expect
- After verifying the fees displayed, click on Get a Payment REF to generate a reference number for the selected Invoices and new window will pop up for you to choose one option that you want.
- If you want to pay all the pending invoices, choose I would like to pay all my pending invoices
- If you want to pay part of the invoice, choose I only want to pay part of my pending invoices
- If you want to keep money on your student account for Future Use, choose I would to deposit on my account for future invoices
- Type in the amount of money that you wish to pay (excluding Bank Charges)
- Click add. This will show the invoice number indicating what you attend to pay in the top right corner
- Click on Continue in the bottom. This will bring a pop up prompting you to generate a ref number. Click on Get Ref
- Finally, a payment number is generated indicating the amount you intend to pay. Write down the Payment reference number and you will present it at the counter in the bank. The payment number will appear on a pay slip that you can even print out if you want *
ADMISSION LIST FOR 2019/ 2020 INTAKE
The Academic Registrar Soroti University has released list of applicants who were admitted to Programmes at Soroti University for 2019/2020 Academic year.
Admission letters for successful Applicants’ will be available from 11.00 noon on Monday 2019 from Soroti University campushttps://www.sun.ac.ug/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/SOROTI-UNIVERSITY-ADMISSION-LIST-2019-2020.FINAL-JULY-19-1.pdf
Higher Education Students Financing Board
Please find the attached Advert for more information: https://www.sun.ac.ug/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/loan-scheme.pd
Please find the informationhttps://www.sun.ac.ug/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/warning-copy.pdf
CHANGE OF MODE OF PAYMENT OF APPLICATION FEES
NEW NEW NEW!!!!!!!
All the new applicants are informed that the Zeepay system that had technical problem is now functional. Applicants can now pay through the Zeepay system their application fees from any bank..
N.B No new student should pay directly into the university Accounts that were initially used
CALL FOR APPLICATION FOR UNDER GRADUATE ADMISSIONS FOR ACADEMIC YEAR 2019/2020
The Academic Registrar, Soroti University invites applications from Ugandan, East African, and International Applicants for THE BACHELOR OF MEDICINE AND BACHELOR OF SURGERY (MBChB) and BACHELOR OF NURSING SCIENCE (BNS) under:
- UGANDA GOVERNMENT SPONSORSHIP SCHEME FOR THE 2019/2020 ACADEMIC YEAR
- PRIVATE SPONSORSHIP SCHEME FOR THE 2019/2020 ACADEMIC YEAR
The University is now recruiting students for the first intake, who will commence their studies on 17th August 2019.
NOTE:THE CLOSING DATE FOR APPLYING AND SUBMISSION WILL BE FRIDAY 12TH JULY, 2019
Please find below the detailed attachment for ANNOUNCEMENT FOR 2019/2020 UNDERGRADUATE ADMISSIONS